Hey, EzzY here.
I am back with a new fantastic recipe (my favorite, I love crispy chicken) and you will not be disappointed!
Crispy Lemon Chicken in Milk. © David Loftus
I am looking forward to sharing this new found recipe I have in my recipe book! All compliments go to Jamie Oliver, as this is his recipe and it is not mine… BUT, I love his recipes and so does my hubby!
You all know about the last recipe, but for those of you that missed it… Here its is: Grilled Chicken with warm Green Bean, Rice & Corn Salad. Delicious home-made meal – easy to make when you need a quick bite to eat on the run and it’s healthy without the additives.
The CRISPY LEMON CHICKEN in milk is a cracker of a dish. It has everything a bake dinner our families have when we all sit down for tucker. Yes.The recipe may sound as rather odd, but it does taste like heaven. Literally. The recipe serves 4 people or more, depending on how many visitors/family members you have! The chicken will taste crispy divine when it is baked in the oven for about 1.5 hours and the skin will be crispy. Crispiness is the best part. Make sure you put it on early so you can focus on your bake potatoes and veggies – if you are having a bake dinner…
Let’s get going… We begin with what your ingredients:
• 1 x 1.5k/ 3½lb organic chicken
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 115g/4oz or ½ a pack of butter
• 1/2 cinnamon stick
• 1 good handful of fresh sage, leaves picked
• zest of 2 lemons
• 10 cloves of garlic, skin left on
• 565ml/1 pint milk
Roll up your sleeves, put your apron and lets cook!
Okay, Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5, and find a snug-fitting pot for the chicken – very important over-wise your chicken will stick to the outside of the pot. Not good.
- Season it generously all over, and fry it in the butter and a little olive oil, turning the chicken to get an even colour all over, until golden.
- Remove from the heat, put the chicken on a plate, and throw away the oil and butter left in the pot. This will leave you with tasty sticky goodness at the bottom of the pan which will give you a lovely caramelly flavour later on.
- Put your chicken back in the pot with the rest of the ingredients, and cook in the preheated oven for 1½ hours. Baste with the cooking juice when you remember. The lemon zest will sort of split the milk, making a sauce which is absolutely fantastic.
- To serve, pull the meat off the bones and divide it on to your plates.
- Spoon over plenty of juice and the little curds. Serve with wilted spinach or greens and some mashed potato.
- Tip: You can cook some green beans, peas and carrots if you like!
* If you enjoyed reading my version of Jamie Oliver’s cooking subscribe so you won’t miss out on the latest recipes. Leave a comment below as we love to hear your experiences with the recipe and if you have a recommendation, we love to hear it. . Thank you in abundance.
For more Recipes, visit –> RECIPES