Who Is The Person You Looked Up To When You Were A Kid?
We all admired someone when we were kids, and it’s mostly someone who we wanted to be when we grew up.
I remember those times the kids in our neighborhood spoke of their icons, even getting into petty arguments about who has the better idol. I usually stayed quiet during those arguments as adults I looked up to were neither celebrities, nor famous sports figures.
Now that I’m all grown up, there are still people around me who are noteworthy. It’s not just their attained success or their treatment of me, but more about their spirit, their wisdom and their inspirational trek of life. Somehow, from these people, I’ve learned valuable lessons that humble me. As a little girl, the people I admired kind of shaped who I wanted to be… now the little girl inside me still finds positive power in my childhood role models.
Who is the person you looked up to when you were a kid? What impact did this person have on your life?
Post your answer in the comment section below!
- My life as a foster mom (theglobeandmail.com)
- How to Answer 12 of Your Kid’s Most Awkward Questions Like a Badass (popcrunch.com)
- Memoirs of a Bullied Kid (danoah.com)
- Child Star Troubles: My Thoughts (socyberty.com)
- How to decide on the best kids’ films of all time (guardian.co.uk)
- How it feels to bully and be bullied (cnn.com)