The warm-weather sweetness of the ratatouille is the perfect foil for young and tender spring lamb.
Ratatouille Divine – Lamp Chops!
Nice, fresh and easy recipe.
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 celery sticks, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, diced
• 2 onions, diced
• 2 courgettes, diced
• 1 aubergine, diced
• 1 red pepper, diced
• 4 tomatoes, diced
• 2 tbsp thyme
• 1 tbsp caperberries
• 1 handful black olives
• 2 lamb chops, preferably spring lamb
1. Heat some oil in a large frying pan and sauté the celery, garlic and onions for 5–10 minutes. Once it is soft, add the courgettes , aubergine and red pepper and cook for 10 minutes. Season generously, add the tomatoes, half the thyme, and a wineglass of water before reducing the heat and cooking until tender. Allow to cool before adding 1 tbsp caperberries and a handful black olives and a slug of olive oil.
2. Heat a griddle pan and rub the chops in sea salt, pepper, thyme and olive oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes or to your liking. Allow to rest and then serve with the ratatouille.
You can pick up a copy of Jamie Oliver, Magazine issue 4 from your news-agency, local bookstore and even while your grocery shopping…
I would love to hear your recommendations and comments… Don’t be shy now, come share and learn with us!
Have a great day 🙂
- One Culture’s Ratatouille Is Another’s Fill-in-the-Blank (nytimes.com)
- Summer Vegetable Ratatouille (charlotte.news14.com)
- Summer Meal Series #13: Ratatouille (thesimpledollar.com)
- Ingredient: Eggplant! September’s start has purple hue (news.nationalpost.com)
- My Caponata (notecook.com)
- MUST BUY: “Simple Suppers” (cathweber.blogspot.com)