Welcome to Day 11 of How to Be a Better Person in 365 Days Challenge!
Thank you to everyone who is following, regularly adding comments (see below) and who is doing the challenge with me. If you have not yet subscribed or not following, you still have the change to do so! The Challenge will be open for 354 days till October 1st 2012.
Today, we will be focusing on: Kindness.
“You are here to serve others, to be a light for them, to participate in their lessons and to help heal humanity. You are also here to serve yourself, to heal your karma, to enable your soul’s growth and reconnect to the Source. Your challenge is to find a balance between serving others and yourself so that you can accomplish the tasks that you established for yourself in this lifetime and even go beyond that. How you view your role in serving others is an important part of this process.” – URIEL HEALS By Jennifer Hoffman .
Day 11: Day of Virtues: Kindness
Ensure you’ve officially signed up for the course before you continue on to today’s task. Today’s task is a day long task.
Reason being kindness is such an integral part of being human, and living a better life. Without kindness, the world will be a dark, gloomy place.
Imagine people stuck in their worlds, refusing to lend helping hands to others. Imagine people who have no care in whether you’re sick, injured, or dead. Imagine people who will not lift a finger to help you, even when you’re in need. Imagine everyone who only fend for him/herself, never for others around them.
How will you feel in such a world? Will you like it? Why or why not?
Will you want to be in a world like this?
For me, I see kindness as an essential part of life. If we live in a world where kindness does not exist, then I rather not be part of this world. For everything will be empty and void of life. Everything will be mechanical and dead. Rather than colour and life, we’ll be living in a world of grey. For more virtues see: “Virtues to Being a Better Person“
For today’s task, let us bring light into the world of others. Today is all about being kind to others.
Your Task: Be Kind Today
Imagine you’re standing before a room that’s bursting with warm, golden light. The light is so bright that you can see it bursting through every opening, every nook and cranny from inside the room to the world. It’s literally overpowering everything in your surroundings.
As you walk up to the door, you see the word “Kindness” written on it. This is when you realize this is a room filled with pure, sheer, unadulterated kind energy.
Your task today:
- Step into the room.
- Imagine yourself being basked, from head to toe, in the pure, kind energy. The light is so powerful that it penetrates into your body and reaches into the core of your heart.
- As it does that, it somehow unlocks something inside you, deep in your soul. Suddenly, a strong beam of light starts to shine from inside your heart, first illuminating your whole body, and bursting into the world out there.
- This occurs for a good 5-10 seconds, before the light fades away. You’re now radiating a positive glow; an luminescent aura that. There’s no doubt about it – you’re now a different person from before you stepped inside. You’re now filled with kindness, inside and out. Every fibre of your being, every cell in your body, is now filled with pure, kind energy.
- Being kind to everyone you see.
- Going out of your usual zone to help others.
- Smiling at strangers, even they aren’t smiling at you first.
- Saying hi / Greeting everyone you see.
- Doing something special for someone / others, without reason.
- Loving others as if they were you.
- List down the Acts of Kindness you are going to do for Day 4, not actions you’ve already done in the past or for Days 1-3. A number of you are taking the actions you’ve already done before reading Day 4′s task (i.e. Day 3 / Aug 3) as your results for Day 4, which is actually defeating the intention of the exercise and of this challenge!
- There is no limit for Kindness – even if you’ve always been conscious about being kind to others, push yourself and see what other Acts of Kindness you can do for Day 4. You’ll be amazed by what you can come up with.
Day 4 Reflection for 365 Challenge!
- Is there anything you learned today?
- If so, what is it? Write it down.
Share Your Answers!
What acts of kindness did you do today? How was the experience? What have you learned?