This is Day 18 of How to Be a Better Person in 365 Days (365 Challenge) October 2011 Challenge. View list of tasks: 365 Challenge Overview
Welcome to Day 18 of “How to Become a Better Person in 365 Days Challenge” (365 Challenge)!
We now have 76 participants in 365 Day Challenge, all ready to change and be a better person this year. I’ve been so overwhelmed by your enthusiasm and rigor to change yourselves for the better. Thank YOU for being here! Thank YOU for your commitment towards growth. Thank YOU for always pushing yourself to the next level, and never saying no to becoming your highest self.
Once again, if you’ve not signed up, please sign up first before proceeding. Why sign up? Because when you sign up (vs. reading the posts passively), you send an open call, a pledge to the universe that you want to be a better person. It gets everything moving.
I ask that you help us in achieving at least 100 participants, by telling everyone you know (that you don’t know), tell a stranger and spread the word for us here at: How to Become a Better You.
Over the weekend for Days 15-16, we allowed ourselves time to catch up on the core tasks, enjoy ourselves and have a Kit-Kat.
Today, is the day for virtues: Day of Appreciation.
Day of Virtue: Appreciation
Today’s task will take about 20-30 minutes.
Appreciation – a positive emotion or attitude in acknowledgment of a benefit that one has received or will receive
Have you ever stopped to give thanks for what you have in your life?
“Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts.” – Alan Cohen
Yet for some reason, most of us often take for granted what we have, from our jobs, our financial status, our health, our homes, to the people around us – our parents, our friends, our best friends.
Today’s Day of Virtue is on Appreciation. Giving appreciation for what you hold dear to, and giving appreciation to what you value in life.
Our task for today is to specifically give appreciation to someone whom we’re thankful for in our life. We shall be doing it via writing a thank you note. When’s the last time you sent a thank you note to someone? A month ago? 3 months ago? 1 year ago? Never?
A thank you note, while it can be short, can be extremely powerful, because of the emotions that are conveyed in it. Without further ado, let’s get started!
Your Task: Write a Thank You Note to Someone
- Identify someone you’re grateful for in your life.
- It can be a friend, colleague, family member, mentor, manager, acquaintance – anyone whom you feel a sense of gratitude toward.
- By “letter”, I really mean any mode of written communication, such as email, physical letter or postcard. Pick any that resonates the most with you! I’d recommend a more “formal” mode of communication – Facebook, Twitter or text messages wouldn’t suffice as “formal” in this case.
- The reason why we’re going for written and not verbal communication in today’s task is because the former requires you to put some thought into it, which creates more meaning for both you and the recipient.
- Why are you grateful for him/her?
- Has he/she done anything that you are grateful for? What are they? And why are you grateful about them?
Day 17 Reflection for 365 Challenge
- Is there anything you learned today?
- If so, what is it? Write it down.
Share Your Answers!
Who did you choose to write your thank you note to today? What did you write to him/her? What mode of communication did you choose?
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 4: Gratitude (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Letter Of Appreciation Example (mademan.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 17 Discover Your Values (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 14: What Is Your Mission in Life? (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 15 & 16: Take a Break – Have a KitKat! (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 8: Connect With Someone (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 5: Creating a Better Person (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 11: ARK (Random Act of Kindness) (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 6-7: Getting Organised (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 12 : Declutter Your Zen! (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Virtues to Being a Better Person (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)