This is Day 21 of How to Be a Better Person in 365 Days October 2011 Challenge. View list of tasks: 365 Challenge Overview
Welcome everyone! Today is Day 22 & 23 of How to Become a Better You in 365 Days Challenge!
Yesterday we talked about Getting Organised and keeping up with the core tasks of the 365 Challenge.
The main points of Day 21 were:
- Do your core tasks –see overview page
- Participate in the Discussion
- Sharing your Feedback
- Being a Better You
Before you start your Day 22 & 23, spend 1-2 minutes looking at your character board and visualize yourself as your ideal self. Then, go and blaze a trail today with everything you do!
It’s now the mid-point of 365 Challenge (how to become a better you in 365 days). In the past 14 days, we worked on a series of tasks.
On Day 8, we connected with someone, whether it was a friend, family member, an acquaintance, a stranger to check on how/she is doing, and to let them know we care and are thinking of them. For the majority of us, we arranged to catch up, talk over the phone/Skype, had coffee and even got invited to upcoming events. For some of us, we received updates on what’s been happening in our friends lives – from recent passing’s, births, marriages, birthdays and about their work, where they are in life and where they have moved to like, interstate or globally. This has helped us move our friendships forward in a positive direction.
Also on we talked about Just DO it! On Day 9, addressing procrastination and how it affects everything we do, say and respond.
On Day 10 taking action and being proactive about procrastination and how to get things done. No matter how much mental work you do on losing weight, nothing will ever happen until you get off your butt and do something about it. It’s only when you take action that you get results, and only when you get results that you have an active feedback loop on whether your actions match up to the vision you want to achieve.
On Day 11 we gave to the community is some way – Kindness, whether it was saying comforting words to a friend, smiling to a stranger, helping others and offering your hand in someway or another. We add numerous comments how YOU were kind to others and were amazed at your outcomes. Amazing!
After doing something kind to others, we thought it best to declutter our browsers, wardrobes, garages, your mobile phone(s) and your work space(s) on Day 12.
Then we slept the best sleep after decluttering on Day 12, we found ourselves happier and positive about the new day. Day 13 brought about: Being Positive is actually a lot easier than many people choose to realize. It starts with a decision, a decision to enjoy your life and experience life at your best. It’s a simple decision, but it’s a decision we must remake every single day.
On Day 14 we asked: What is your mission in life? So many of you came up with wonderful ideas, goals and direction about who you are and what’s your purpose here. On a subconscious level, all of us already have an answer on how to live our best life. Thank you for sharing them with us J
Looking back, it’s been 2 weeks since we signed up for 365 Challenge and embarked on this wonderful journey of self-betterment. While it’s just been a short 2 weeks, we have come to a series of realizations we normally don’t, because we have boldly challenged ourselves and moved out of our comfort zones.
Today, as a mid-point mark in 365 Challenge, I’d like you to reflect on your progress so far in 365 Challenge. This will be important in creating an even more meaningful journey for the next 2 weeks ahead. Now, let’s start!
Take out a new piece of paper and answer the following:
- What have you learned in 365 Challenge so far?
- It can be about yourself, about others, about the world, etc.
- It can be things you want to see of yourself (e.g., live true to your desired traits every day), specific behaviours you want to uphold (e.g., performing every 365 Challenge task with excellence, interacting more with the participants, and so on), commitments/goals you want to live true to, and so on.
- Note that these are expectations of yourself, and not of the course. Use Day 15 &16 to share your expectations of the 365 Challenge course instead.
Day 22 & 23 Reflection for 365 Challenge
- Is there anything you learned today?
- If so, what is it? Write it down.
Share Your Answers!
What are your reflections for 365 Challenge so far? What is your favourite task in the course to date? What is your favourite task for Week 2? What would you like to see in 365 Challenge, moving forward?
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 14: What Is Your Mission in Life? (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 12 : Declutter Your Zen! (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 15 & 16: Take a Break – Have a KitKat! (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 9: Just Do it! (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 10 : Take Action. BE Proactive! (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 11: ARK (Random Act of Kindness) (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 21: Getting Organised (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 17 Discover Your Values (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 8: Connect With Someone (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 18 Appreciation (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)