Welcome to Day 24 of “How to Become a Better Person in 365 Days Challenge” (365 Challenge)!
Once again, if you’ve not signed up, please sign up first before proceeding. Why sign up? Because when you sign up (vs. reading the posts passively), you send an open call, a pledge to the universe that you want to be a better person. It gets everything moving.
I ask that you help us in achieving 100 participants, by telling everyone you know, friends, family, co-workers and even tell a stranger and help spread the word: How to Become a Better You 365 Challenge!
Over the weekend, especially Monday, I was not able to get near a computer to write up todays challenge due to travelling and being at an engagement party. I apologise to the participants for 365 Challenge that today there was not challenge awaiting you in your inbox. Without further hick ups here is “Your 30 Minute Action”
Why is action important? Simply put – if there’s no action, there will be no results. Say you want to lose weight. You plan the whole day long on your ideal diet, your desired exercise regime, your nutritional needs, etc, and have non-stop day dreams about your perfect physique.
No matter how much mental work you do on losing weight, nothing will ever happen until you get off your butt and do something about it. It’s only when you take action that you get results, and only when you get results that you have an active feedback loop on whether your actions match up to the vision you want to achieve.
Today’s task is clear and simple – block out 30 minutes and spend it on something you’ve been putting off. It can be to exercise. It can be to create a draft outline of that book you’ve been wanting to write for ages. It can be to compose that song that’s been running in your mind. It can be to start planning for your business ahead, as you make plans to quit your job. It can be to create your weight loss plan for the upcoming weeks. It can be to reach out to finish up the report you’ve left hanging for a while.
“Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.” ~ Peter Marshall
Why 30 minutes? Because 30 minutes is a sufficient time block to get something done, and is something you can schedule out if the goal is truly important to you. The intention is to get started, then get the momentum going after that.
If all of us spend just 30 minutes on a goal that’s highly important to, imagine how much we can accomplish after just 1, 2, 3 weeks!
Your Task: 30 Minutes of Action!
- Schedule out a 30 minutes block in your calendar today.
- Since you should already have scheduled out an hour every day in your August calendar for 365 Challenge, there shouldn’t be an issue scheduling out a 30 min block. Use your 365 Challenge time slot for this task today.
- If you want to schedule more than 30 minutes, you’re welcome to do so! The minimum is 30 minutes.
- It can be the task you identified for yesterday’s procrastination exercise, or a totally different task.
- Post a comment as a pledge of action. Share (a) The task you’re going to do (b) What time you’re going to do it (c) What you want to accomplish in this 30 minutes.
- Commit yourself to doing the task in that time slot. Don’t let anything get in the way.
- If there are any urgent things that crop up, just wrap them up and proceed with your task, or push them off for later. This is about following through on your commitments.
- You can make it daily, once every 2 days, once every 3 days, twice a week – whatever is comfortable with you. The point is to set aside a time block in your daily schedule so you can work on your goals – your most important goals.
- I recommend setting a daily 30 minutes slot, which will build a strong momentum and create the maximum results in the long run.
- Feel free to set longer than 30 minutes, though 30 minutes should be the bare minimum. Again, 30 minutes is low committal, and is sufficient time to make head-way in whatever you’re doing.
Day 10 Reflection for 365 Challenge
- Is there anything you learned today?
- If so, what is it? Write it down.
Share Your Answers!
What task are you going to work on for your 30 minutes of action today? How did it go during the 30 minutes, and what did you do/finish? When’s your next 30 minutes of action slot?
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 10 : Take Action. BE Proactive! (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 22 & 23 Reflection (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 21: Getting Organised (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Announcing All-New “365 Day Fitness” November Challenge! (eatrightforyourbody.wordpress.com)
- How to Lose Weight and Keep it OFF (mariter.wordpress.com)
- Successful Weight Loss Supplements Reviews For Men Facts (kimchidreadlocks.com)
- 10 Surefire Ways to Overcome Blogging Procrastination (problogger.net)