Welcome to Day 27 of “How to Become a Better Person in 365 Days Challenge” (365 Challenge)!
I appreciate everyone being patient while I was training this morning and getting today’s tasks updated for you. Last night, was a really late night so I had slept in to catch up on some sleep. My sleep-in was till 8am. SO I have sometime to walk my huskies, workout, have breakfast and get ready for the day. I believe we did a task about Rising Early for the Challenges a few days ago on waking up earlier to do everything we need to get done. I love Shavita’s comment on rising early, quotes “I’m always up for the challenge of getting up early, it allows me to get more done while everyone is still sleeping.” Take this as a personal experiment. If you try it and you like it, you’d have gained something new from this trial If you try it for 52 full weeks and feel it doesn’t work for you, you can walk away from this experience knowing that it’s not your cup of tea. Nothing to lose but everything to gain
Your Feedback Needed
Launching and running the challenge for the past 27 days and reading your comments have given me a lot of insights on how to make 365 Challenge an even better experience. There are already readers asking if I’ll be running it again in the future, and the answer is probably yes. To make 365 Challenge a better experience moving forward, I need your feedback:
- On average, how much time has each task taken you?
- If you’re still at an earlier task, what is it?
- Why are you on this task? (i.e. Is there anything blocking you about it?)
- What is the longest task and why?
- What is the most challenging task and why?
Yesterday, we discovered the value of having a 20/80 To-Do List. All of us have our own daily to-do lists, from work, running errands, administrative tasks. Every day, we have a set amount of energy, which are channelled into the task, which then translates into output. We learnt about the impact of tasks, our laundry to-do lists and what is the 20/80% rule. Today, we will be using the same technique as Day 26 to make an impact in someone’s life.
Day 27 –Day
Today’s task is a day long task.
Generosity – The habit of giving freely without expecting anything in return. It can involve offering time, assets or talents to aid someone in need.
I say, Ken Lauher, “There are so many ways to practice generosity. The main point isn’t so much what we give, but that we unlock our habit of clinging. A traditional practice is simply to offer an object that we cherish from one hand to the other.”
1. Donating material things such as money, clothing and food; making gifts to the poor and the sick, and donations for education and the provision of medical care;
2. Providing clear teachings about spiritual practices as well as about proper types of worldly livelihood, such as in becoming a medical practitioner, and giving encouragement to undertake moral behaviour;
3. Giving relief from fearful situations by protecting beings from robbers, unjust governments, ferocious animals, flood, fire, and so forth. This includes protecting animals; even help a bug out of a puddle.
Source: Ken Lauher
Today, your task is to be the beacon of Generosity.
Your Task: Be Generous Today
You’ll now be entering the Day of Virtue Room. Get ready…
Imagine you’re standing before a room that’s bursting with warm, golden light. The light is so bright that you can see it bursting through every opening, every nook and cranny from inside the room to the world. It’s literally overpowering everything in your surroundings.
As you walk up to the door, you see the word “Generosity” written on it. This is when you realize this is a room filled with pure, sheer, unadulterated energy that’s filled with generosity.
Your task today:
- Step into the room.
- Imagine yourself being basked, from head to toe, in the pure energy. The light is so powerful that it penetrates into your body and reaches into the core of your heart.
- As it does that, it somehow unlocks something inside you, deep in your soul. Suddenly, a strong beam of light starts to shine from inside your heart, first illuminating your whole body, and bursting into the world out there.
- This occurs for a good 5-10 seconds, before the light fades away. You’re now radiating a positive glow; an luminescent aura that. There’s no doubt about it – you’re now a different person from before you stepped inside. You’re now filled with generosity, inside and out. Every fiber of your being, every cell in your body, is now filled with pure energy of generosity.
- Treat your friends to a meal, if it is within your means.
- Give with every opportunity you get, without expecting to receive. (Note that being generous need not have to do with money – it can be other things too, such as with your time, actions, emotions, etc.)
- Get a nice gift for someone – one that has special meaning to him/her. (No occasion needed.)
- When dining out, give others the bigger portions.
- Be emotionally generous – be positive, encouraging, and supportive with everyone you speak to.
- Donate to the lone and homeless beggars on the street.
- Give away things you do not need to the people who can benefit from them.
- List down the Acts of Generosity you are going to do specially for Day 20, not actions you’ve already done in the past, not actions you normally do, nor actions you did during Days 1-19.
- There is no limit for Generosity – even if you’ve always been conscious about being generous to others, push yourself and see what other Acts of Generosity you can do for today. You’ll be amazed by what you can come up with.
Day 20 Reflection for 365 Challenge
- Is there anything you learned today?
- If so, what is it? Write it down.
Share Your Results!
What acts of generosity did you do today? How was the experience? What have you learned?
- YOUR Abundant Generosity (mrshutchison.wordpress.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 11: ARK (Random Act of Kindness) (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- The “Law of Abundance” – Leading with Generosity (yourfreemlmcoach.wordpress.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 17 Discover Your Values (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Pursue Generosity 9.27.11 (wisdomformysons.wordpress.com)
- Fundraising with Generosity (sashadichter.wordpress.com)
- “How to Be a Better Person in 365 Days” October Challenge! (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)