Hey everyone! Welcome to Day 35 “How to Become a Better Person in 365 Days Challenge” (365 Challenge)!
On Day 18 – Appreciation, we worked on spreading the goodness of appreciation to people around us and wrote letters to someone who has touched our lives, their lives and vice a versa.
I felt so amazed and wonderful while reading about your experiences and challenges in life. For those of you have already sent your thank you notes, please keep us updated via replying to the original task comments. Let us know how your recipients reacted when opening your letters or notes.
My Thank You to You
With that said, I actually have a thank you note here for all of you, my readers, my extraordinaire’s, whom I consider a very special group of people in my life. Here goes:
My dear friends,
As you are reading this, we are quarter of the way through 365 Challenge. Day 18 was a day of Appreciation, where we shared our appreciation to others whom we hold dear to us, one way or another.
I figured, I couldn’t let a day like this pass without letting you all know my appreciation to you.
I’d like to take a moment to express my thanks to you all for being who you are. Thank you for reading “How to Become A Better Person in 365 Days”, Blog, and for being here with me in life’s journey. Thank you for allowing me to be apart of your life and inspire you. Thank you for always being with me every step of the way through the ups and downs.
I want to let you know something… A secret. I created this blog 1.3 years go in Aug 10 as the first step to purse my passion, and I’ve gained so much more than I could possibly imagine. I’m not talking about the growth traffic or the comment traffic, my self-sustaining business model, the reception from the world, the ability to travel without restraint, or the ability to pursue my passion in an unadulterated way.
I’m talking about all of you – I’ve gained all of you in my life. Like I wrote in my About page, you guys are not just my readers – you are my extraordinaire’s. You’ve helped me to be who I am today and you give me wings to fly. You give me strength to be who I am and to become who I can be. You have made me who I am today and you will continue to drive me forward to be a better person.
I really look forward to what’s next – and I can’t wait to bring all of you with me in my life’s journey. Thank you for being here with me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Without further ado, let’s now move to today’s task!
When you wrote your thank you note(s) to your friends/family/colleagues, how did you feel? Did you feel happiness? Did you feel warmth? Did you wish that you did this more often?
Appreciation is such a wonderful feeling – it feels great to appreciate the people around us, and it feels even better for the people we care for to know that they’re appreciated.
But there’s someone whom we’ve never bothered to give thanks to. And I’ll tell you who this person is.
In today’s task, we’re going to give tribute to ourselves. Today’s task involves writing a thank you letter – but this time, to ourselves. We’re going to thank ourselves for who we’ve become, what we’ve become, the things we’ve done, the things we’re pursuing, and everything we will be in the future.
Your Task: Write ato Yourself
Take a pen and paper or create a new message in your email client. If you’re using email, fill the “To:” field with your email address.
- Go take a mirror and look at your reflection.
- Think about all the things you’ve done in the X years of your life.
- Think about the challenges you’ve overcome in the past few days, weeks, months, years.
- Think about the goals you are fervently working on now.
- Think about how far you’ve come since the beginning.
- Start off with “Dear <Your Name>”… then go on from there.
- Write down what comes to mind. There are many things to be grateful for about ourselves, and below are some suggestions on what you can thank about yourself:
- For the traits you have.
- For upholding your values.
- For the person you’ve become.
- For all the things you’ve accomplished to date.
- For pursuing your goals.
- For never giving up even during the toughest times.
- For paving the way to a better future.
- For all the effort you put into the things you do.
- For being who you are.
- Relish in every word that’s written. Feel the energy that was emanated while the letter was written.
Day 12 Reflection for 365 Challenge
- Is there anything you learned today?
- If so, what is it? Write it down.
Share Your Answers!
What did you write in your thank you letter to yourself? How did you feel while you were writing the letter? How did you feel while you were reading the letter? Share your answers with everyone!