Hi All! Welcome to Day 48 of the 365 Challenge!
Day 48: Your Life Wheel
Today’s task will take about 1 hour. It’s divided into 3 parts which can be done at different times of the day if needed.
“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” ~ Confucius
With the start of every journey, it’s important to know where we are starting. It’s like travelling from destination A to destination B – you have to first know where you are (A) to get to where you want to be (B). Hence, Day 48 is about getting clarity of your life right now. To do that, we’ll be using the life wheel.
Below is a customized 11-segment life wheel from Celes:
Part I. Assess Where You Are (30 min)
- Rate your life on each segment, on a scale of 1-10 (1 = lowest, 10 = highest). Below are some questions to think over:
- Business / Career / Studies – How are you performing in this area? Are you achieving your best?
- Finance/Wealth – How much is your income/monthly cash flow? How much do you save from there? How much are your current assets? Do you have any passive income streams?
- Health/Fitness – Are you healthy? Is your life style healthy? Do you have enough sleep/rest? Are you eating healthily? Are you exercising regularly?
- Social/Friends – Do you have a good social circle? Friends to hang out with, talk to, confide in, have fun with? Do you have deep connections with these friends? Are you meeting new people?
- Family – How are your relationships with your family members? Your relatives? Do you talk with them freely? Do you communicate with them openly?
- Romance/Love – Are you single? Attached? Have you found your life partner/soul mate? Is this the most fulfilling relationship?
- Recreation – Are you having fun? Are you engaged in leisure activities outside of work?
- Contribution – Are you giving back to the society and the world?
- Personal Growth – Are you growing? Are you achieving your highest potential? Are you being the best you can be?
- Spiritual – How in tuned are you with the universe/your higher self?
- Self-image – Do you respect yourself? Do you love yourself? Do you believe in your abilities? Do you value what you do? Do you appreciate yourself? Self-image – Do you respect yourself? Do you love yourself? Do you believe inyour abilities? Do you value what you do? Do you appreciate yourself?
- Then, mark out the individual scores for each segment on the paper.
- Finally, connect the marks with one another. You should have a continuous line, like a web, that links across each segment and finally loops back to the original point.
Part II: Reflections…… (30 min)
Now that you have your life wheel drawn, it’s time to do some reflection.
- What is the shape of your wheel? How does it look? The bigger the web, the better you’re doing. There are 4 general shapes that each represents how you’re doing.
- Why does your wheel look like this? (List 3 biggest reasons) Whatever your life wheel looks like, it’s not a coincidence. If you had done this assessment a month or two ago, you’d end up with a similar shape. The bigger question is: Why? Read the analysis for your wheel shape above, then reflect that to your situation. What are the 3 biggest reasons why your wheel looks like this?
- Which are your lowest scoring areas and why? All 11 segments are equally important in living your best life. Some people may think they can just ignore 3-4 segments and score a 0-1 there – but it doesn’t work that way. Whenever there’s a part of your life that is blocked (or put on hold), a part of you is blocked too. Which segments have the lowest scores? Have you been putting off? Why?
- Are you happy with your wheel? What if you have to stick with these scores forever? How would you feel? Is this what you want? The first step towards getting somewhere is to first decide that you don’t want to stay where you are. The bigger your level of dissatisfaction, the better.
Part III: Action (30 min)
- What are your biggest priorities moving forward to achieve your ideal 10/10 wheel?
- What are your goals for this month? Cross check with the goals you set in Day 0′s pre-work. If there are new goals, add them to your 30-Day Action Plan.
- What are your biggest actions that will help you achieve your goals? Cross check with the action steps you set in Day 0′s pre-work. If there are new action steps, add them to your 30-day action plan.
Spend as much time as you need to reflect on your current status. Don’t rush this process. The more you reflect and understand how you came to be where you are, the better you’ll be able to address it moving forward.
Do the action steps you planned for Day 1 and write down your progress in your workbook.
Be committed to your plan! Make time for it. If for any reason you can’t followthrough on any of the action steps for today or any of the upcoming 29 days, make sure you do them the next day. Don’t drop them because you’ll be denying that better life for yourself.
Day 47 Reflection for 365 Challenge
- Is there anything you learned today?
- If so, what is it? Write it down.
Share Your Answers!
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – Day 20 Making Action Speak louder than Words Day (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Be a Better You in 365 Days Challenge – DAY 10 : Take Action. BE Proactive! (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)