Only six ingredients are needed to make this tasty and wholesome cannelloni bake.
Cooks: 4 | Easy to Make and quick | 6 Ingredients
- 750g fresh reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 150g baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 4 fresh lasagne pasta sheets
- 2 cups Italian tomato pasta sauce
- 75g grated tasty cheese
- 60g baby rocket
All nutrition values are per serve.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place ricotta in a bowl. Add spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Cut lasagne sheets in half crossways. Spread 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture along the centre of each piece. Roll up to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining ricotta mixture and lasagne sheets.
- Spread half the pasta sauce over the base of a 6cm-deep, 25cm x 35cm (base) ovenproof dish. Arrange pasta tubes, seam side down, over sauce. Spread with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until pasta is cooked and top golden brown. Serve topped with rocket.
Variation: Replace half the spinach with rocket leaves, and stir in 125g chopped cooked bacon.
- Roast Pumpkin, Spinach + Ricotta Cannelloni with Cauliflower Sauce (fingerforkknife.com)
- Chicken & Spinach Cannelloni (cookingwithdee.wordpress.com)